Monday, July 5, 2010

the vicious cycle of pee

I have this thing that happens when I get to sleep in.

So I sort of half wake up and I need to pee. But I am warm and comfy in bed, and still in a haze of sleepiness, so I don't want to get up to pee because that would wake me up. So I hold it so that I can sleep longer. I can hold it for a very long time.

So eventually it becomes ridiculously late and I have no excuse whatsoever to stay in bed. So I finally get up and pee. It is good, if little...full bodied (the pee, that is)

But then, of course, I get that UTI effect, where my bladder is pissed off at me and feels like it has to pee allllllll the time. Even when I only have like, a teaspoon of liquid in there. So I chug down as much fluid as I can possibly manage in the effort to have at least a couple of real pees, at which point I start to feel better and my bladder will behave normally again. I have emerged victorious from the bladder battle! By that point it's usually almost time to go to bed.

And so the cycle continues

No comments:

Post a Comment